Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunny Jacksonville FL

The life of an IT Pro gets pretty crazy sometimes. I walk into work on Friday with the news that our entire Jacksonville office is down. No phones or internet. Turns out that a core switch is down (a la blackberry). So guess who gets to fly down and install it? Me. Who is fighting a cold? Me. Do colds and early morning airplane flights mix? Not very well. I got seven hours of sleep but still managed to run out of tissues and experience some serious pain in my skull. I say skull pain because I have no idea how to explain it...maybe it was more like a sinus headache. Sharp pain, but I made it alive to Florida.

I got upgraded to a Ford Mustang for my rental car, which is a plus. On the down side, Fedex couldn't deliver my switches because nobody was there to sign for it, although there were a number of people in the office. Luckily a call to Fedex got them to re-deliver and I sat outside for close to 2 hours to make sure they got there. Everything installed just fine but we will have to wait until Monday when we get some heavier loads on the systems. I fly out Monday afternoon and Thursday Joyful and I are off to NY for her brothers wedding so it will be a whirlwind week. At least I missed the snow in the northeast!

My Rental Car

No comments: