Friday, October 21, 2011

Shredding on the guitar

Ok, not really shredding. I am still a beginner but I am learning. I got the Fender Squier Bullet Strat at Guitar Center, a $200 guitar for about $96 because it was on sale and I got a $25 coupon from buying the game. The game has no difficulty setting but instead uses an adaptive system. If you suck, it scales back the notes while if you are good it makes it just a little bit more challenging. The notes come down in a Guitar Hero/Rock Band like fashion, more like "tabs", then actually reading music. Can I read music? Well yes, bass cleft anyways. I played the trombone in junior high and high school, but I never considered myself really good. Then came rock band and I really liked the drums. I would love to learn the drums but getting a real drum set is expensive and requires some space that you can be loud, really loud, in. Yes, there are electric drum sets, but they are not the same. Plus, the guitar is so much cooler. You play a song on the guitar and people recognize it; you play something on the drums and most people will not know what it is. Rock on!!

No comments: