Sunday, November 6, 2011

NY NY

Where to begin? Let us start in Florida. As you may remember from last post, I woke up in Jacksonville, FL on Monday, hoping that our office down there was working. Well it was, except for the phones. Calls were being routed wrong and there was dead air. To cut a long story short, after talking on the phone with vendors, going over the switch config, checking wires, etc, I finally realized that all the cables were plugged in wrong and got that fixed and working just in time for me to test out a few calls and drive my Mustang to the airport. Phew!

Tuesday and Wednesday were work as normal in RI. Thursday was driving with Joyful across to Marathon, NY to be in my brother-in-law's wedding and all that goes with it. That was a fun 4 days. One family together is enough drama and excitement but when you have two families coming together with all the stress that comes from a wedding...well lets just leave it at that. I'm glad to see them married though and hope they have a great marriage. We drove home today. Home was my parents house so we could watch the Patriots lose a very close game during the last 30 seconds of the game. Its tough to win when you turn the ball over 4 times but the defense has to get better. After the game we got all our stuff and drove to CT, where we will spend the rest of our time until our apartment is ready. It should only be the rest of this month, but 4 weeks of commuting will still be tough. I guess that is life though. We have been homeless for 7 months, what is a few more weeks? Our new car was great on the trip though. Tons more space than we are used to, comfortable, and on the audio side, it can read MP3/WMA CDs and has an aux input so I could connect up my MP3 player or phone. Sweet!

Two more things about the wedding. One, we TP'ed my brother-in-laws car, which was a sweet feat considering we stole his key, staged a walmart run, committed the crime on his car which he purposely parked at the hotel, and returned the key without his knowledge. Two, we watched V for Vendetta and finished it early morning on November 5th, their wedding day. Remember, remember the 5th of November!

No comments: