Sunday, October 9, 2011

Next on the list: Apartment

Its been a few days which means we have been very busy. And of course an hour and ten minute commute, one way, does shorten up your day pretty nice. We picked up our car and it is all nice and working splendidly, including the remote starter. That and AWD should be a lifesaver in the winter. That was Monday night. Tuesday night we checked out an apartment at Cowesset Hills in Warwick, liked what we say, and put a deposit down. I have not heard back from them yet about our application, but hopefully we will be approved. DISHWASHER!!!! And snow removal. And lots of other things, including not starting sentences with and. That was also the night when I decided to ride my back to work so I could drop it off at my parents house for the winter. It was around 50 in the morning, warming up to high 70's, and I think the forecast was cloudy. I looked outside in the morning and it was sunny, so I thought it would be a decent ride. But weather can change fast in a 60 mile commute. Fifteen minutes down the road and it was raining. Perhaps I should have brought rain gear on such a long ride. It proceeded to rain on and off the whole morning commute but luckily I didn't get too wet (although I was getting pretty cold). That night it rained as well but I only had a short commute to my parents house. Wednesday....I don't remember. I think we came right home to CT but we both worked late so it was late when we arrived. Thursday we had dinner with the pastor (and his wife) of the church we have been going to in Norwich, CT, Cornerstone International Church. We got home late from that and had to pack all our stuff up because starting Friday night we would be staying with my parents for three weeks - house sitting one week and two weeks of giving up our room at my Grandma's for her friends from Oregon. I went to the card shop on Friday night to play some Magic but as soon as I started driving from work to Die Hard Games, I felt extremely tired. I got there really early and slept in my car for 20 minutes or so but still wasn't feeling it, which was strange because I was fine at work. I hung out inside but decided to leave shortly and went home, and to bed early. For the next day was the Pro Tour Qualifier for Honolulu! Winner of this event would get an invite and plane ticket to Hawaii so I wanted to be ready for it. This event was in Milford MA, at a decent venue, although when all was said and done there was 228 people crammed into a basement, playing 9 rounds of Magic, and a cut to Top 8. It was hot out and of course magic players tend to be your typical nerds, so fun times ensued, if you get my drift. How did I do? Well I was 109th out of 228, meaning I did very poorly. It was sealed deck (make your own deck with 6 packs of random cards) and while I thought I had a decent deck, I could only manage 3 wins (and 6 losses) in 9 rounds. Oh well. Next week is the State Champion and you get to bring your own deck, so I'm hoping to do much better. So thats the skinny on the story with one giant paragraph. Hopefully we will get the apartment soon and then we will be totally re-civilized! 

No comments: