Sunday, January 29, 2012

Uncle Froggy

I have been pretty busy lately with work and Skyrim. Yep, Skyrim. Its an amazing game and will suck up vast quantities of your time. I could go on and on about how great the game is, how good the graphics look, etc, etc, but I won't. I have also been trying to work on my book, which has been tough because my desktop is dying - one of my hard drives crashed already. Luckily that stuff was backed up and my book is stored online in my dropbox account. But that is not the biggest news. My sister had her baby yesterday and I am an Uncle! Technically I am already an Uncle on Joyful's side but this is the first on my side which is cool. His name is Abel which is a very cool Biblical name. They are doing well and we drove up to NH to see them today along with my parents, sister, brother and his wife. To top it off, my Dad had 4 tickets to see the Celtics and our seats were in a luxury box! We arrived a little late but we got free food and drink and had our entertainment for the night. The Celts lost by one in a very close game but it still was a lot of fun. Soon we shall have a baby of our own and as much as I look forward to that, I also think of all the adventures we will not get to do. Once our child arrives though I am sure all my thoughts will be about making the best possible life for him or her. As I work on my book I can still remember a lot of what happened and how awesome the whole trip was. I long to be back there, on the trail, in nature, roughing it, exploring, battling nature, and staying in hotel rooms once in a while. And maybe one day I will get back, with any luck, maybe by myself but hopefully with Joy. Yet I know that being a parent will bring its own challenges, its own triumphs and joys, and rewards.


No comments: