Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ninja Time 2012!!

I woke around 11:30 today. Looked at my phone and saw a message from an old co-worker asking if anybody wanted to go for a ride today. Oh yeah, today is supposed to be pretty nice out! It was already above 50 so I responded back and quickly got dressed. I headed over to my parents house to get the bike ready. The battery was dead so I had to charge it but it started right up after that. I met my friend at a gas station where we fueled up and headed south. We took some back roads, jumped on the highway for some nice s-curves, and made our way toward the beaches. It was noticeably colder as we neared the water but it was well worth it as the ride was fantastic. Riding down the coast with the ocean on our left made me realize that this is one of the most beautiful spots in Rhode Island and also that I need to ride this route more often! Joyful was off at a baby shower so she didn't get to experience it and she loves the beaches! I'm not sure how much riding I, or she, will get to do once the baby is born, but it was nice to start riding on January 7th! Usually, even if it is warmer out, there is snow on the ground and sand everywhere, which makes riding a lot more dangerous, so you don't ever get to ride this early in the season. Fun times!

Beautiful RI Coastline

The Ninjas - 500 and 650
 

No comments: