Friday, August 12, 2011

Tournament!


The Soul of the World has returned

I went to my first official Magic: The Gathering tournament last night since I started playing again. I have been playing on and off for the last 15 years or so and have sold out many times. And each time I get back in the cards are worth tons more. If had held onto some of my cards, they would be worth tenfold now. But that is the way it goes- Wizards of the Coast has revived Magic and must be making tons of money.

Last night the format was Legacy, and I went 2-2-1 (2 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw) for 12th out of 28 people. My friend Gabe made Top 8 and ended up in 3rd place and won $20. I was surprised at the turnout given it was on a Thursday night but the tourney was well run and they had a judge. I like Magic because of the strategy, competition, fantasy environment, cool cards, and creativeness involved among other things. The picture is from one of the cards I used last night. But enough of the geeky stuff...

The big news for yesterday was that Joy signed up to take the Motorcycle Safety Class! If she passes the class, which most do, she will get her permit and then her license! We are really excited for this. Yes, we may have kids soon, in which case she will not ride much, but she should have it in case she has to ride my bike because I get sick or hurt or something. And if not, well she would probably get my Ninja 500, and I will get the new Ninja 1000! But that is all a hope and a dream for now...but as I like to say:

Dream Big, then make your dreams come true

No comments: