Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Gift card fail

I hope everybody had a happy Christmas full of family, food, and fun! On Christmas Eve I was at my parents house where we ate KFC, pizza strips, Subway, exchanged gifts, and watched the Patriots come from behind to beat the Dolphins. I received a $50 Amex gift card from my parents, as did my wife. On Christmas we went to her parents for more family, food, presents, and fun, but no football (or basketball for that matter). Yesterday we were home organizing, breaking down boxes, etc, until around 8:30PM, when we decided to drop some boxes of donation items off at Savers. When i got dressed in the morning, I put the two Amex gift cards in my pants pocket, or at least i thought I did. When we got in the car to leave, I gave one to Joy since it was hers. So theoretically I should still have one in my pocket. Well we dropped the items off, went into Savers, went next door to Best Buy, then down the road to Target where we bought some house things that we needed. As we were checking out, I went to pull my Amex gift card out of my pocket, but it wasn't there! It must be at home, I thought, so we went home and looked all around the apartment and outside in the parking lot. The only reason that I could think of why it fell out was when I had pulled my keys out of my pocket. Our search turned up nothing so we traveled back to each store's parking lot (the stores were closed by then) to see if it was there but alas, no luck. If anybody found it on the ground and took it, hopefully they needed it more than I do!


No comments: