Tuesday, September 6, 2011

DMV...with a cafe

This Labor Day Weekend beheld no adventures for Joyful and I. Unless you count Joy and I, well mostly Joy, taking care of my great grandma the whole weekend. They have an old farm house, not much farm left, though there are some original buildings left. At any rate, no wireless and a poor cell signal, so we spent a lot of time watching TV and such. I did attent a tournament on Friday night. It was standard format for 4 of a card worth $100. 25 people showed up and I was in 4th place after the swiss. There was a cut to top 8 and I lost in the first round sadly. Top 4 split the prize, so if I just made it one more round I would had won 1 $100 card and 5 packs for my $10 entry fee. So I just won 5 packs. The Top 8 started after midnight, turning "Friday Night Magic" into Saturday morning magic, and since I had risen at 5:30am that morning, I was a little tired to say the least. In the second game I almost lost due to a mistake, but managed to win anyways. In the third and final game I don't recall making any mistakes, but who knows. When playing a good opponent you can not make any mistakes, and my opponent was very good. I just looked and he is ranked 12th overall for the state of RI. At the Grand Prix Trial I did beat him in the Top 8 so I guess it was payback.

The real adventure was going to the DVM. No, actually it was very boring. But they do have a cafe at the new place so we got lunch while waiting for an hour and a half so Joy could get her motorcycle permit. Too bad it is supposed to rain the rest of the week.

No comments: