Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Black Hawk Down (well...up actually)

After a rainy end to my bike ride yesterday, I was blessed with great weather for my ride today with Joy and my brother (and another friend met us there). We rode down to Fort Wetherill in Jamestown, a lovely state park with many cliffs and the remains of an old Fort, with some of the ruins going back to the Revolutionary War. Sadly, most of the Fort has graffiti on it so I did not take many pictures.

There was a cruise ship docked in Newport and it dwarfed everything around it. We got to see it coming out past the state park and like I said, it dwarfed everything. There was a Blackhawk circling the ship, not sure what was going on, but we were thinking (and hoping) it would land on the ship. That would have been cool. But it was not to be and we soon saddled up to start the ride home, luckily avoiding most of the notorious RI beach traffic. I am really really really hoping to do some sort of hiking tomorrow. Really hoping. So hopefully I can get off my butt tomorrow and get the legs going!



Kyle in the bunker

Black Hawk Up!

No comments: