Monday, September 17, 2007

wEak Machine is dead : (

Well, my wEak Machine finally died today. It was a good 6 years for the little pc, which lasted 5 years more than my Dad's E-Machine and my Brother-in-laws. I got it right after I graduated college, when people still got new desktops for school. Now they just buy laptops.

In all reality though, it was kinda like Darth Vader. More machine than...err, E-Machine. It had the original mobo, chip, and 256mb stick of RAM, and that was it. I put in a more RAM, new optical drives, new power supply, new hard drives, a new graphics cards (GeForce FX5200, still works!!), and I even "transplanted" it into a new, larger, more roomier case, with a couple of extra fans.

Yup, it lived a good life. It went from being my everyday machine, which I used extensively to program, play games, watch movies, to being a server, which it was on for months at a time straight, to being a Linux box, which Joy took to school with her for a year, to being Joy's PC now that we are married. Yup, well it looks like Joy gets to get a new computer now! I think we are going to get her a laptop though, they are the way to go nowadays...

No comments: